What is WelcomLegionnaire Programme?
WelcomLegionnaire is a structured and tailored Hotel Management programme by one of the leader of Hospitality Industry, ITC Hotels. ITC hotels are the 2nd largest hotel chain properties in India with having more than 100 hotels across 70 destinations. The hotel perfectly symbolises Indian culture and Hospitality in its hotels.
The programme is a unique one which focuses on Made In ITC Managers for its world class hotels. The programme is of 4 and half years for those boys who are ap
The programme, wholly financed by ITC Limited. – Hotels Division includes a handsome stipend and is the only one of its kind in the world.
- A career with ITC Hotels, a unit of ITC Limited, one of the most preferred and finest employers in India. ITC is also one of the country’s largest private sector organisations
- An opportunity to earn industry-wide recognition. The programme leads to a Management position in frontline operations in the company‘s hotels across the country
Programme Structure and Duration
The Programme is divided into two parts and is spread over four and half years.
- Formative Phase: The three years long developmental phase focuses on building up hoteliers like qualities, academics and basic hoteliering Student trainees also pursue the Bachelor in Tourism Studies programme from IGNOU during this phase.
- Management Training: This phase is spread over the last one and half years and focuses on hospitality management.
Why is this different from other Hotel Management Schools?
ITC is not only a pioneer in this industry but also a leader in providing the right hospitality education. It owns a reputed Hotel school “WelcomGroup School of Hotel Administration” (WGSHA) and ITC Hospitality Management Institute. By choosing ITC’s WelcomLegionnaire Programme, you will have the opportunity to learn in a real hotel & restaurant environment. You don’t have to worry about your semester fees, and this programme will focus more on the practical, so you’ll also get a stipend from the company. You don’t have to worry about your career and just after 3 years you will get management training, and after successful completion, you will be absorbed as an Assistant Manager. Isn’t it good to earn some cash while you learn and be a manager of such an elite hospitality company?
Profile of Student Trainees
- The program is for boys only
- Pleasing personality with proportionate height and weight
- Good learning and communication skills Fluent in English
- High level of general awareness and basic knowledge of computers
- Extrovert/team person, possess leadership qualities and be an emotionally stable person with sound health and caring attitude
- Boys who appear for class XII, final examination in the year of commencement of the Programme.
- Minimum marks 65% in class X and XII. No compartment/failure in any subject.
- Age minimum 18 years as on 1st August of the year of commencement of the programme.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of interviews and tests.
How to Apply
- Applications (free of cost) must be sought from the following address before 1st March of the year in which appearing/appeared for the XIIth standard final exam:
ITC Hospitality Management Institute,
Plot No. 3, Sector – 5,
Gurgaon – 122 050
(Haryana – INDIA)
- The following details are to be furnished while requesting for the application form:
- Full name
iii. Date of Birth
- Father’s name and occupation
- Programme applying for
- Full postal address
vii. E-mail address
viii. Telephone nos.: (a) Landline (b) Mobile
- Height (in cms.) and Weight (in kgs.)
- Aggregate marks (%) in the Xth final examination
- Present school/collegeMission & Values
Preparing For Interview
While preparing for the interview, practice some basic interview questions and try answering them with confident. You should well prepare these questions:
- Tell me something about yourself.
- Why do you want to join this program or Why Hotel management?
- What do you know about ITC hotels?
Do’s & Don’ts Of The Interview
- Be in your formal for the interview. If you don’t have a business suit, then no problem wear a black trouser and White shirt and a tie, and you can also change the combination but it should be formal.
- Daily practice some interview questions and try to speak in front of the mirror or to a person.
“The more you sweat practising, the less you bleed in the warfield.”
- Try not to speak too much with the fellow candidates.
- Don’t go for the interview in your casuals.
- Wear a smile and be cheerful
I would try to give an insider’s review on this programme and give you more details.